Tuesday, 18 August 2015

The Actual and Inevitible Challenge Of Motherhood

Being a mom is really fucking hard.

I see other moms with one kid, clean house, they look tidy and kept, and here I am lugging two kids around looking like I'm in a game of Jumanji (thank you ecards for the amusing yet accurate joke)

I see these other moms, lovingly cooing over their children, delighting in them, and looking fantastic, and I am filled with resentment stained envy.

Why cant I look like a million bucks, clean clothes, makeup, carefully constructed curls, and still enjoy my children? I can barely stand being around them some days. I love them immensely, but fuck, they're exhausting, mentally, physically, emotionally, they drain your energy like a dementor.

I just want to enjoy my kids. And look good. Who knew that was so much to ask.

Fuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment